JamesI
JamesI, Mobile device engineer
Experience:  I have provided support for a range of Android devices including Tablets, TV and Phones.
75967336

I have a Samsung tablet, it has a black screen (wall of

Customer Question

I have a Samsung tablet, it has a black screen (wall of death i think) I've been told there's nothing i can do, how do i retrieve photos & data? It was my only device apart from my phone?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Depending on the nature of the fault (if its the screen or actually the main board at fault).

Assuming its just the screen which has failed (making uneconomical to repair), you can plug it into another laptop or desktop via USB and download files from it, or if you have enabled the backup functionality using google / Samsung, you should find your data is stored in the cloud.

If your not sure if you did enable backup, the video here shows you what you would have had to have done when the unit was working originally, and it means when you buy a new tablet you can then restore your data from the backup.