Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have a painting which I believe is a gaetano lodi the first

Customer Question

I have a painting which I believe is a gaetano lodi the first smoke and would like to know the value and if its real
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 3 years ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

.

The only way to know for sure if this is real is to have it looked at in person by a local Art Appraiser, there are many variables that determine if a painting is authentic. I can find you a list of appraisers in your area if you wish?

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That would be helpful. My dad did actually damage it aswell, which I am pretty gutted about. It just seems I cant find ANY sale prices at all just to give me some idea.

If you can tell me where you are located, I can find a list of people you can contact.

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Plymouth, Devon in England

Ok, I will see who I can find there for you. I will be back soon.

Glenda

Hi Christina

.

Here are a few contacts for you in the area, you can contact them to see which one can give you some help with a value for your painting. There were not many in you immediate area.

.

Eldreds Auctioneers and Valuers

1 Belliver Way
Roborough

Plymouth , Devon

United Kingdom PL6 7BP

+44 (0)1752 721199

.

Lefays Fine Arts
Plymouth, UK PL1
Tel: +44 (0)1752 222846

.

Antique Fine Art

+44 (0)1548 830872

.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

.

I always do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

.

A rating of one of the top 3 smiley faces

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
(then clicking submit ) lets JustAnswer/Pearl know I did answered your question, then I am compensated for my time, at no additional cost to the you. A good feed back rating, is very much appreciated, unless you do not feel a good feedback is warranted. If so please let me know what else I can do for you, ( if anything ) to help improve my feedback by, clicking on the "Continue the Conversation Link". My good rating is very important to me and something I strive to keep.

.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

.

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

Thank you so much

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

To be honest I could have found these places myself. I wanted an idea of the prices in GBP that these paintings go for. This precise painting was sold in cornwall a couple of years ago, but I cant find out the sale price.

I am sorry I thought you wanted to take this to someone to Authenticate it was real.

.

I did find that these if real It has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of GBP of 950.00-1200.00 , depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Art Gallery or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As Art is subject in selling price to different areas across the country..( Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities. )

.

.

.

Register Here
(then clicking submit ) lets JustAnswer/Pearl know I did answer your question, then I am compensated for my time, at no additional cost to the you. A good feed back rating, is very much appreciated, unless you do not feel a good feedback is warranted. If so please let me know what else I can do for you, ( if anything ) to help improve my feedback by, clicking on the "Continue the Conversation Link". My good rating is very important to me and something I strive to keep.

.

And if you would like to work with me on more questions you might have, just put my name ( Glenda ) in your question, then I will be sure to get it. Just requesting me expires in just a short time.

.

Thank you so much

Glenda