Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

very very old oil painting on canvas (I think) of man with

Customer Question

very very old oil painting on canvas (I think) of man with a bottle of champagne and oysters signed by A. Tojewski its in an elaborate gold frame - the man is smiling and pouring champagne into a glass and there are oysters and lemons on the table - its quite a dark painting and the paper on the back is falling apart
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 4 years ago.
Hi There~

My name is Nora, and I am here to help with your question.

I would be happy to help you assess your artwork.

What is the size?

Would it be possible for you to send me photos?

A full shot of the artwork with frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture would be ideal.

When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.

You can attach photos using the paperclip icon in the toolbar below (available in the Firefox browser only)

-OR-

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

Sincerely,
Nora