Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have a whistle stamped "White Star Line" and "R.M.S Titanic"

I have a whistle stamped "White Star Line" and "R.M.S Titanic" it also has a makers stamp "S'Auld of Glasgow" I am trying to find out the age of this item, could you help me please?
It is 4 inches Long including the loop at the top and 0.86 inches wide and the loop 1.5 inches wide. Weighs aprox 56g.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 4 years ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

.

Does it look like this?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Glenda, yeah actually thats the exact one, i have it up on ebay for sale ;-). I know its a modern reproduction but cant actually find out when it was made.

regards

Andy

Andy

I am not sure if you have this information but, it is quite interesting: http://whistlemuseum.com/2008/10/22/round-pig-nose--fancy-top-by-s-auld-glasgow-maker-late-victorian.aspx

.

The Replica Whistles is appears were reproduced in the 1970's when a reoccurrence of interest in the Titanic came to be from the ship being explored. The Whistles along with other memorabilia from the Titanic started being sold during that time. They are actually still making them today, you can find them on sell. There is a place in Branson Missouri USA, that has the replica Titanic there, and you can buy all sorts of memorabilia there.

.

There are others for sell on Ebay : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Titanic-White-Star-Line-Silver-metal-Officers-Whistle-SAuld-of-Glasgow-/261253504324?pt=UK_Collectables_Nautical&hash=item3cd3ec1d44

.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free letting me know. If there is a problem with my answer please feel free communicating this to me ( with reply to expert button )any problem can be resolved.

A rating of one of the top 3 smiley faces (then clicking submit ) lets JustAnswer/Pearl know I did answer your question, then I am compensated for my time, at no additional cost to the you I always do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

When you get the survey in email please respond, ( this impacts my job ) and please consider that the rating is for my professionalism and courteousness to the customer. I am not responsible for any issues with the site, or any values that are not as high as expected. ( which I cannot control ). Thank you so much!

If you would like to work with me on more questions you might have, request me then just put my name ( Glenda ) in your question, then I will be sure to get it. This way it ensures I receive this, since just a request can expire after awhile.

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

Thank you so much,

If you have any problems rating me on this question, please let me know.

Glenda

.

Keep in mind Just Answer has a Multitude of Categories to serve you, from Legal to Pets and everything in between.