Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We have a Lladro figurine of a bird on a ranch with flowers

Customer Question

We have a Lladro figurine of a bird on a ranch with flowers together with a nest containing. Eggs can you identify? Bought in Spain c. 1979
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 4 years ago.
Hi There~

My name is Nora, and I am here to help with your question.

I would be happy to help you identify and assess the value of your Lladro bird on a branch figure.

Would it be possible for you to send me photos? A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.

When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.

When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.

For photos you can try the paperclip attachment icon in the toolbar below. (available in the Firefox browser only)

-OR-

A super easy method, which is free and no sign-in required is to go to:

http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page. The address I need will look like this example: http://imgur.com/mA2ju

Sincerely,
Nora

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have taken photos on my I Pad and hope to send them to you shortly.
Expert:  Nora replied 4 years ago.
Hi Geoffrey,

Pleasure to read back from you here.

That is fine - send over images at your convenience.

Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Have sent email to [email protected] Couldn't!t make sense of imbue on iPad!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Have sent email to [email protected] Couldn't!t make sense of imbue on iPad! Sorry for miscue, That was meant to read imgur
Expert:  Nora replied 4 years ago.
Hi Geoffrey,

Thank you for the heads up on emailing images. I will let you know when I receive them as a forward from customer service.

~Nora
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Attempted to send photo via email,it failed. Your propiosed method doesn't seem to work on an iPad.Have you an email I can use to send the photo?
Expert:  Nora replied 4 years ago.
Hello Geoffrey~

If neither the paperclip function nor imgur.com works for you to load photos, then you can email your images to [email protected]

When you send your photos to that email address, please write “For Nora/Antiques” in the re: line and request that email be forwarded to me.

The images must come from the same email address you use for this site. Best to include your user name in the email. If you send from a phone, please include your email address in the text.

Photos must be under 1MB to make it through email or they will not arrive.

Please note, photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

I look forward to seeing the images.

Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 4 years ago.
Hi Geoffrey,

I sent a message to customer service to ask if they can help you with getting photos to me. Has anyone contacted you yet?

Is there a series of numbers on the bottom of your figural?

~Nora