Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have inherited a pair of identical large vases ,probably

Customer Question

I have inherited a pair of identical large vases ,probably 200 or so years old decorations on porcelain look chinese but they may be european,they are signed the same on the base with a raised squiggle,a bit like the spode s but not exactly the same .any ideas gratefully recieved
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 4 years ago.
Hi There~

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to help with your question.

I would be happy to help you with your vase pair.

How tall is each one?

Would it be possible for you to send me photos? A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.

When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.

When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.

For photos you can try the paperclip attachment icon in the toolbar below. (available in the Firefox browser only)

-OR-

A super easy method, which is free and no sign-in required is to go to:

http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page. The address I need will look like this example: http://imgur.com/mA2ju

Sincerely,
Nora