Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

chinesebrollyvase18inches4sidedtaperedeachsideillistrating

Customer Question

chinesebrollyvase18inches4sidedtaperedeachsideillistratingchineselifewitholdchinesecharactorsfromqingdinisty
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 3 years ago.

Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be happy to help with your Chinese vase.

Could you very provide a photo of it with a close-up of the characters and the marks on the bottom (or even if no marks on the bottom, seeing the base is helpful in determining age and other characteristics) and I'll tell you all about it and give you a value.

Here's a REALLY simple way to attach images (three clicks and a copy and paste and you are done).

Go to http://www.imgur.com/

(no need to 'log in' or 'register' it makes it far too complicated)

Click on Computer

Select the pictures you want to send me from the box that pops up.

Hit open.

Click on Start Upload

And then copy the link they give you. It will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx and it's located right under where it says Link (email & IM) and paste it here where you are typing to me.

(If you have uploaded multiple photos on one Imgur.com link, copy the URL in the browser bar at the top of your screen, otherwise I get just one photo)

Many thanks and wait to hear,

Best wishes,

Robert

PS. If you are having problems with the space bar on your keyboard try using a period between the words so I don't get confused reading text without spaces (I am easily confused!)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

CAN.YOU.PROVIDE.POSTAL.ADDRESS.I.HAVE.PHOTOS .I.CAN.SEND

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

CAN.YOU.PROVIDE.POSTAL.ADDRESS.I.HAVE.PHOTOS.

Expert:  Robert S. replied 3 years ago.

The best I can do is an email address.

By all means email your photos to [email protected].
Mark them for my attention, Robert Stoney, in the Antiques category and they will be forwarded to me in due course. It may take a little time (allow up to 48 hours) as they have to go through a third party to protect everyone's privacy. I'll let you know as soon as I see them this end.

Many thanks,
Robert