Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have my grandmothers dinner service, complete with two different

Customer Question

I have my grandmothers dinner service, complete with two different size meat plates, a gravy boat and two turines with lids, and a ladle, large dinner plates, medium plates and side plates. The marking on the bottom is two globes, Universal, and Made in England. It is white with a blue pattern, I have got most of it.

I am 73 and she had it for many years before I was born, it was only used on Sundays and holidays. I would like to identify it and to know if it has any value.

Thanking you, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 3 years ago.
Hi Janet,
My name is Judith, and it will be my pleasure to help you with this question.

IN order to give you the most accurate valuation, I need to know exactly what you have.

Please give me a list of exactly which pieces you have and how many of each. Please also upload clear pictures of one plate and on the marks on the back of that plate.

Here is some help with pictures:

You can use the paper clip icon or the tree icon at the top of your answer box.

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to [email protected], and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Judith, I am writing this on behalf of my mother Janet Green, she had a question to ask you re. her grandmother's dinner service. Unfortunately she has had to go into hospital for a heart by-pass, this happened before she could let you know. All being well, I am sure she will get in touch with you when she comes home and feels well enough to be able to use her computer.

Please accept my apologies on my mother's behalf, and thank you.

Jodi Green

Hello Jodi,
I'm so sorry to hear about your mother! Please give her my best wishes for a speedy recovery, and tell her this question will remain open until she is ready to resume it.
Best regards,
Judith
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Judith,

Thank you for your reply, I will let my mother know hat is going on, it will be one less thing for her to worry about.

best regards,

Jodi

Thanks, Jodi!