Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

Hi I have inherited an antique camera, details on a plaque

Customer Question

I have inherited an antique camera, details on a plaque on the back of the camera state that it is "The Kings Own" followed by " London Stereoscopic Co. 106 &XXXXX London W, British Manufacture"

From doing a bit of research on it I understand that this particular camera is the model of c1907

I have some images of the camera is this helps

I was wondering what the value of this vintage camera would be.

Euan
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome Euan,
My name is Frank, I am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.
Your "King's Own" Tropical camera would have been produced by what was originally The London Stereoscopic Photographic Company LTD who opened there doors for production circa 1854. Later changed to just London Stereoscopic Co became a major producer of Stereoscopic images and lenses.
Your "King's Own" folding Camera produced circa 1907 with teak case is a highly collectible camera that in excellent condition would retail between 1800-2100USD.
In a secondary market setting such as an auction you may be looking at between 1000-1400 USD based on not only the condition, but also your regional demand.
If there are any damages to the camera either mechanical or cosmetic, this would detract from the resale value.
I hope this information was helpful to you today Euan,
Best of luck with your antique camera,
Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated,
Thank You,
Frank
Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.