Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Hi i own a painting by a Mr Leighton-Jones commisioned in 1975

Customer Question

Hi i own a painting by a Mr Leighton-Jones commisioned in 1975 for my Mum, its of a lady with long hair and emphosisers her eyes done on canvas, i have searched the internet and only found a blue copy mine is grey please could you give me any information on the painting and any idea how much it is worth.
Paul Passmore
[email protected]
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 3 years ago.
Hi There~

My name is Nora, and I am here to help with your question.

I would be happy to help you assess your artwork.

Would it be possible for you to send me photos? Could you also send the link to the copy you found in blue?

A full shot of the artwork with frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture would be ideal.

When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.

You can attach photos using the paperclip icon in the toolbar below (available in the Firefox browser only)

-OR-

You can email your images to [email protected]

When you send your photos to that email address, please write “For Nora/Antiques” in the re: line and request that email be forwarded to me.

Please note, photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

-OR-

A super easy, fast method, which is free and no sign-in required is to go to:

http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

The address I need will look like this example: http://imgur.com/mA2ju

I look forward to seeing the images.

Sincerely,
Nora