Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

I have a pair of vases with a makers mark of a bird plus an

Customer Question

I have a pair of vases with a maker's mark of a bird plus an elaborate letter P and the further letters S L as monogram with a smaller 'ch' following. The style of the vases is naive and multicoloured. They have been in the family since at least the 1930s but we are reasonably confident they are older still. We live in Herefordshire UK. The glazing is a gloss subtly embossed style and the clay was originally a red brown earth. The design is multicoloured: they are strong bright colours - geometric floral design on an attractive deep chocolate background. We should like to know who the maker is and likely date of manufacture.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 3 years ago.

Tim in Antiques :

Good day my name is Tim, I am a Certified Fine Art and Decorative Art Appraiser. I am happy to help you today. Is it possible for you to send images of the vases and the mark? There are several ways to send them, one is to use the paperclip icon on the toolbar (please follow the step) another is to attach the images to an email (do not attach more than two images to each email) and send it to [email protected] attention Tim in antiques appraisals. Thank you for your patience as we work together to answer your question. I look forward to your reply.