Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Dug up in the garden commemorative jug, 8" tall two pictures.

Customer Question

First one Storming The Malakhoff,

Second one Battle of the Alma Charge of the Highlanders

Only mark on the bottom is a C
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 2 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been asked to assist you!
I am a Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster, Accredited AOA Appraiser, and an IRS Qualified Appraiser. It will be my pleasure to put my expertise, libraries & resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

JustAnswer has just sent me your question regarding your jug. Thank you very much! I believe I will be able to help, but first I have to get a little more information from you.
Thank you. Would it be possible for you to take and send pictures?
If so, please take clear digital photos showing everything as a whole along with close-ups of details like marks, signatures, any damage or repairs, etc. Try using the Macro (flower) setting on your camera for these close shots as clarity is of the utmost importance. The better the images, the more accurate your answer will be.

JustAnswer does not permit me to give you my email address so to share pictures you have a couple options:

1. You can try the paperclip icon in the chat reply box to upload photos here,

2. An offsite photo sharing website such as PostIMG.org or Imgur.com, to upload your pictures there then share the URL links with me.

3. Or email them by Attaching your photos to a blank email and sending it to [email protected] with the Subject "Pictures for Appraiser Alan". JustAnswer will forward them to me within 8 - 24 hours of receiving them.

Please make sure you reply to me here to tell me how you will be sending pictures and let me know if you need time to get pictures or if they will not be available and we can continue accordingly. I look forward to your reply. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my soninlaw will be visiting us at the weekend, and I will ask him to take photos of the jug and send them to you.

Many thanks for your help

Thnak you Sheila, I look forward to seeing them next week and getting everything taken care of for you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Hello Sheila,

I am sorry but your pictures never came in. Thank you for the note! Can you resend them?

Make sure to send the email as follows:
From: Email Address registered with JustAnswer on a computer
To:[email protected]
Subject: Pictures for Appraiser Alan
Body Text: The URL Link Address for this Question
Attach: Up to 10mb in pictures

I look forward to seeing your pictures and getting everything taken care of for you. Thank you again!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello Sheila, the Professional has requested further information from you. Once the information is received the Professional will do there best to assist you. Thank you for your patience, Shantal

Hello Sheila,

I could not respond to you the site is messed up it is not me I still need pictures from you have you sent them yet? Here is upload instructions for you maybe this will help you can also click on the customer service help button. thank you, Alan.

Thank you for letting me know. If you need any help with uploading via the paperclip icon, please let me know. Here is a short video on how to add pictures if you need it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Alan

I can not understand why the pictures are not reaching you, My daughter has suggested that we take another set and try again. I feel as though we are wasting your time. I will speak to her later today and message you again.

Sheila

Hi Shelia,

please make sure that the email comes from the same address you registered your account with.Thank you for the note! When JustAnswer has received your pictures, they will forward them to me within 8 to 24 hours, when they do pictures for the day.

Make sure to send the email as follows:

To:[email protected]

Subject: Pictures for Appraiser Alan

Attach: Up to 10mb in pictures

Are you getting any sort of reply from the site?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Pictures were sent to you yesterday via E Mail, were they successful?

Sheila E W.

Hi Shelia, no I never received them please understand I have no control over the site or its functions. Please click on their customer service help button and ask someone to assist you in getting your pictures to me. Sorry you are having problems thank you for your patience, Alan.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alan I have contacted the help line but as yet I have not received a reply. Sheila E W.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alan,

We are hoping you get these to progress your appraisal. It would be great if you could confirm receipt.

All best regards,

Sheila

Hi Sheila,

It is from the 1860's without a mark it would be hard to know who the maker is. I know it is part of a Wash bowl basin set this is the water pitcher. Made in Stoke on Trent. I will opt out and maybe another expert will know who has seen one before. Thank you for waiting, Alan.

Hello Sheila,

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi S hantal

thank you for all your help, if possible could you continue the search for another expert, would you also thank the Appraiser Alan for his help.

Sheila