Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a pair of heavily decorated ceramic(?) vases thought

Customer Question

I have a pair of heavily decorated ceramic(?) vases thought to have been acquired from the Holy Land in the 1930's. The mark on the bottom is a shield with a crown on top and a star inside the shield. There are some hieroglyphics on the side of the bottom of the vase. Can you tell me the origin of the pieces?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome,
My name is Frank, I am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.
Do you have any photos of the makers marking you may be able to send?
There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:

You can use the picture icon that looks like a tree or a paper clip in the center of the tool bar in the conversation box to upload pictures.

You can also upload pictures to a site called imgur.com that's really great for sharing pictures. It's free, and all you need to do is go to the site and:

1. click the "Computer" button
2. double click the image on your computer
3. click "start upload"

Then just copy/paste the new link in the browser window and you can immediately supply me with your pictures by posting the link to your question page.

You can also email pictures to [email protected] with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.
Thank you for your time,
Frank
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My computer skills are modest & I will need some assistance from my family in sending a photo, this will have to be in a few days time.

Expert:  Frank replied 3 years ago.
Hello Mike,
That is not a problem . I can work at your convenience and I look forward to any photos you can send to help identify the vase.
Have a great day,
Frank