Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have two signed oil on canvas paintings by Prudence turner

Customer Question

I have two signed oil on canvas paintings by Prudence turner how can I find out their value
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome,
My name is Frank, I am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.
Do you have any photos of the paintings you may be able to send? If not can you describe the subject matter and give a listing of the dimensions of the works?
There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:

You can use the picture icon that looks like a tree or a paper clip in the center of the tool bar in the conversation box to upload pictures.

You can also upload pictures to a site called imgur.com that's really great for sharing pictures. It's free, and all you need to do is go to the site and:

1. click the "Computer" button
2. double click the image on your computer
3. click "start upload"

Then just copy/paste the new link in the browser window and you can immediately supply me with your pictures by posting the link to your question page.

You can also email pictures to [email protected] with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.
Thank you for your time,
Frank
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have any images just now as I am not at the address where the paintings are. They are both framed and actual painting measures 50cmx40cm landscape . One is called "Lockside Harvist" (handwritten on back by artist) the other is "The Harvist" (again hand scripted on back by artist. I bought them approx. 29yrs ago off directly from the artists London studio and paid about £1500 for the pair. They are both in excellent condition.

Expert:  Frank replied 3 years ago.
Hello Dee,
Thank you very much for getting back to me with that information.
Were you interested in reselling the art work or were you concerend with an insurance value?
Frank