Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a bowl with handles on either side. The underside painted

Customer Question

I have a bowl with handles on either side. The underside painted mark shows a banner, with "Aster" printed inside the banner and "K & Co" printed below the banner. There is also a hand painted number on the base which reads - 369 and under this it looks like two dots on either side of a curved line. Also, I am not certain that is a 9 as it sits slightly below the 36. The flowers, I am assuming, are Asters, as in the name with lots of pink, rust and navy colours for the flowers, with pale green on parts of the leaves. Also, the handles are navy blue and there is gold lines painted on the handles, and outlining the navy flowers etc. The edge of this bowl is not smooth, but dips up and down. Can someone help me find out more information about the history of this bowl.

Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome Gaye,
My name is Frank, I am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.
Do you have any photos of the piece with the marking you may be able to send?
There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:

You can use the picture icon that looks like a tree or a paper clip in the center of the tool bar in the conversation box to upload pictures.

You can also upload pictures to a site called imgur.com that's really great for sharing pictures. It's free, and all you need to do is go to the site and:

1. click the "Computer" button
2. double click the image on your computer
3. click "start upload"

Then just copy/paste the new link in the browser window and you can immediately supply me with your pictures by posting the link to your question page.

You can also email pictures to [email protected] with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.
Thank you for your time,
Frank