Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

have got a picture of 2 parrots the picture is on glass but

Customer Question

have got a picture of 2 parrots the picture is on glass but behind glass its made up of real butterflies wings its very pretty,my dad when he was stationed in Italy bought it back for his mum (my nan) that was back in the 1940,s, its not broken just that some of the wings have moved plz can you help as I would like to know the value of this also where I could get it restored.
thank you

mrs lynn haynes
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Mrs Lyn Haynes,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Diana F. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mrs. Haynes.

My name is Diana and I'll be happy to see if I can help.

The date on your piece sounds pretty accurate. Collage work made out of butterfly wings was a big trend from about the 1930s until roughly the 1960s. There was some gorgeous work produced.

What size is your piece?

Do you have any pictures of it that you can send?

When you're able, here's a few different methods of how can send photos:

1)
In this message box, you will see a paper clip or Tree or Camera at the top. Click it.

Then click on browse and another box will open up. Click on browse in that box. This will take you to the photos on your computer.

Click on the one you want to send. Double click on the image.

You'll be taken back to the upload box. Click OK. You'll be taken back to your original box.

Click Insert and you should be able to see the picture in the message area before you send it to me.

Here's another way that works really well:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

As a last resort, you can email them:

Email the pictures to [email protected]. They have to be sent from the same email address that you used to sign up for Just Answer (which is usually the email address you use to Log In). It has to be the same email address or JA won't recognize it and they'll just delete them.

Make sure you tell them that you've tried everything and that you're trying to get pictures to me (DianaF) in antiques and give them your screen (customer) name and your real name.

Thanks,

Diana