Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

Antique Japanese china bowl. Hand Painted , with black band

Antique Japanese china bowl. Hand Painted , with black band round edge inside bowl. with Lotus flowers painted on it.The inside of the bowl is painted yellow with an Ibis painted in turquoise and red in the centre. Around the bird are lotus flowers and abranch with flowers on it. On the bottom of the bowl it says Made In Japan , in red letters.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 3 years ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!

Please use the option best for you !

.

Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,

.
in jpeg form, no larger then 1 mb.

.

When you upload the picture you will be able to see it in this message box before you send it to me.
.

This is very easy if you take it step by step!
1.
THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT THE PAPER CLIP OR TREE AT TOP OF MESSAGE AREA LOOKS LIKE THAT YOU NEED TO CLICK ON TO UPLOAD A PICTURE.

.
then click on browse, another box will open up,

.

then click on browse in that box,

.

this will take you to your computer, you will see Chose File Upload, from here click on where your pictures are located. Then click on your picture, then click open,

this will put the image name in the space, then click open.

.

then you are back to the first box, click on insert !

.

The picture will show up in the message area before you send it to me, you should be able to see it. If you do not see it, then the upload did not work you need to try it again, pictures have to be in jpg form on your computer in order for it to work.
.
.
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.

.
.
.
.
.

This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.

http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...

.

Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
.
Send the picture to ,[email protected] , in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".

.

In the body of the message put , your user name and name.

.

Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are.

.

They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not got a picture of the bowl

Can you tell me what shape the bowl is, does it have scalloped edges, and what size is it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The bowl is round. it does not have scalloped edges. the size is 7inches in diameter and4 ins tall

Hello Shelagh,
.

To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. you cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.

The Hand Painted Made in Japan Bowl with Lotus and Bird,circa: early 1900's has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of $45.00-60.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.

If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If there is anything else I can help you with on your question please feel free asking me with reply to expert button. Any problem or question can be resolved.

I always do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.

At the end of this question you will be asked to " Rate the Expert ", one of the top 2 ratings allows me to receive compensation for answering your question. Thank you for taking the time to rate me, this is very important to me !

Thank you so much!

Glenda

P.S.

I know it is a pain doing email survey's I do not like them much myself but, if you would please consider doing the survey when you get it in email I would greatly appreciate it. The rating is for my Professionalism and courteousness to you the client. Doing the survey effects my metrics and ability to continue working on the site. Thank you for taking the time to do this ! Each one counts even if you have done one for me before !