Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

What is value of -"My Bedtime Library",a collection of 8 books

What is value of -"My Bedtime Library",a collection of 8 books by Emil Girleanu(or Garleanu)
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 3 years ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

Are these published in 1973? Treasure Hour, London, 1973. Soft Cover. Book Condition: Good. Ileana Ceausu-Pandele (illustrator). Set of 8 small paperbacks in a pictorial card case. ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can answer "yes" to all of above. Set of 8 small paperbacks are in excellent condition but the thin cardboard pictorial card case is intact but torn at top and bottom. Also translated by Ana Cartianu, edited by Lornie Leete-HodgeandIon and Ion Creanga Publishing House. Do you want titles of the 8 books?

Eliza

Eliza,

If you do not mind that would be great.

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The book titles(all written in lower case are:-

the horse (about a horse)

the fighters (about hens)

when the master's away (about a cat)

in my courtyard (about a turkey)

tap!tap!tap! (about a woodpecker)

the butterfly (about a butterfly)

the doe (about a deer)

the hare (about a hare)

Hello Eliza,

.

To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. you cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.

.

The Collection -"My Bedtime Library" 8 books by Emil Girleanu, has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of £45.00-60.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.

If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist UK, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If there is anything else I can help you with on your question please feel free asking me with reply to expert button. Any problem or question can be resolved.

I always do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.

At the end of this question you will be asked to " Rate the Expert ", one of the top 2 ratings allows me to receive compensation for answering your question.

Thank you for taking the time to rate me, this is very important to me !

Thank you so much!

Glenda

P.S.

I know it is a pain doing email survey's I do not like them much myself but, if you would please consider doing the survey when you get it in email I would greatly appreciate it. The rating is for my Professionalism and courteousness to you the client. Doing the survey effects my metrics and ability to continue working on the site. Thank you for taking the time to do this ! Each one counts even if you have done one for me before !