Wayne
Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have a chain drive pocket watch (solid silver) made by Hemmingway

I have a chain drive pocket watch (solid silver) made by Hemmingway & Clover #402
double hall marked with a lion and a what looks like a skull and cross bones and a sickle
with some thing inside it and a mark with R O J E on the back of the watch the thing
that holds the fly wheel (a large one)plus the fast and slow ajuster is in the shape of a
ships bell below that the tooling is done in the shape of a crown the city in which it was
made is Manchester UK (also the face is white ceramic with only two hands and roman numerals also wound up with a key and will run for 3 days there is also a diamond in
the thing that holds the fly wheel) that is about all I can think of.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 3 years ago.
Hi,My name isXXXXX am a verified expert and will be working with you today. Can you post a photo of the watch and the hallmarks.1.Click the paperclip icon2.Click the Browse icon3.Click the Browse button4.Select your file and click Open5.Click OK6.Click Insert7.Click Save Changes on this page
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Wayne replied 3 years ago.

Hi Chris,

You did a good job of uploading the photos. I need to see a photo of the movement more in focus as well as a photo of the hallmarks on the case.

Cheers,

Wayne

1.

Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am afraid my camera is not that good for close ups even on macro

sorry! I tried a few but came out of focus.

Expert:  Wayne replied 3 years ago.

Hi Chris,

Without being able to see the hall marks I can only give you a time frame for this watch. This is a chain driven Fusee circa 1820. Similar watches sell for 150-250 Pounds at auction and Insurance value is 500 Pounds. These are collectible; however, the market has gone down a little from the 1990s. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Wayne