Michelle
Michelle, Antique Researcher
Experience:  Over 30 yrs exp., Columnist, antiques journalist, dealer, expert
52213563

I have in my possession a fac-simile edition of Robert Burns

I have in my possession a fac-simile edition of Robert Burns Kilmarnock Edition printed at
Kilmarnock in 1909 by D brown and company under the supervision of D M'naught esqu JP
editor of " THE BURNS CHRONICLE " the proofs being revised from an uncut copy in his possession and signed by him. Could you perhaps give me some indication as to its worth
and the best place to sell
yours David Leitch
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you.

I am somewhat biased as Robert Burns is among my top five favorite poets and I consider this to be his best book ever.

Burns's Poems Chiefly in the Scottish Dialect is commonly referred to as the 'Kilmarnock Edition' and was published by XXXXX XXXXX of Kilmarnock on 31st July 1786. It was a very popular book with only 612 copies printed and it sold-out in a little over a month.

It has been reprinted a number of times by several publishers. Your books is the first edition published by D Brown and Company.

If in very good to mint condition the resale value in a private sale, antiquarian book shop, antique shop or other non-auction venue would be 30-40 pounds.

The best place to sell it would be through an online venue such as Amazon.com or the free classified ads site Gumtree.com

Please let me know if you have additional questions about your item or the information and value I have given you. I am here to work with you to fully respond to your question.

Thank you, Michelle

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. If you feel the need to give me a low rating I would appreciate the opportunity to work with you to resolve any issues to earn a higher rating.