Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President of the Association of Online Appraiser
57035021

I have 2volumes of the tartans of the clans and septa of Scotland

I have 2volumes of the tartans of the clans and septa of Scotland it says only 540 copies were printed w & A K Johnston limited the books are hand bound they are covered I cannot see the author I would like to sell them
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 3 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with this question.

Can you tell me the name of the author, the publisher, and the publication date, please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The publisher is w & a k Johnston Ltd
Edinburgh and London Mcmv1
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The publisher is w & a k Johnston Ltd
Edinburgh and London Mcmv1 I cannot see an author I have vol 1 and 2
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Judith not able to fin. Author it says the publisher is indebted to Fionn of modern Celtic literature it has pictures of different tartans and their history. Hand bound
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Established1825
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
520 copies only offered to the public the first page gives list of subscribers don't know if that helps
Thank you, Rosalind.

Your books were written by James Grant, and were published in 1906. If they are in fine condition, the current retai (replacement or insurance) value of the pair is approximately GBP 530. If you were to sell them, you could expect to get approximately half the retail amount.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Rosalind. My goal is to provide you with absolutely excellent service, so please be sure to let me know if you have any additional questions about these books or want to follow up if you haven’t gotten the information you need. I would appreciate your positive rating, based on my service, so that I can be compensated for my work. There is no additional cost for this. Please consider that the rating is for my professionalism and courtesy to the customer. I am not responsible for any issues with the site, or any values that are not as high as expected (which I cannot control). Please also consider doing the survey when you get it in email (this impacts my job). Come back soon and ask for me, by using my name, Judith, as the first word of each question!
Thanks for the positive rating, Rosalind!
Hi Rosalind,
If you have additional items you want to know about, I'd be happy to help you with those.

If you want me to answer your questions, all you need to do is use my name, Judith, as the first word of each question.
Best regards,
Judith-on-Antiques