Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have a jug it is turquoise and pink raised decoration of

I have a jug it is turquoise and pink raised decoration of herons in reeds on a creamy background the handle is made to look like bamboo? This is also in turquoise the jug has a lozenge mark on the bottoms photo of which I can send but a note inside the jug ( it's been in there for a good 25 years plus) says it's was struck on 23rd October 1878 at Brownhills Pottery co,Tunstall ,Staffordshire . How much should I expect to get if I sold it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.

Frank :

Hello and Welcome,
My name isXXXXX am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.
Do you have any photos of the piece you may be able to send?

There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:

The link below will direct you through our upload process
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

You can also upload pictures to a site called imgur.com that's really great for sharing pictures. It's free, and all you need to do is go to the site and:

1. click the "Computer" button
2. double click the image on your computer
3. click "start upload"

Then just copy/paste the new link in the browser window and you can immediately supply me with your pictures by posting the link to your question page.

You can also email pictures [email protected] with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.
Thank you for your time,
Frank

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That's great but I'm on my iPad mini and I don't have the icons on it that it requires . I was looking for someone to give me information I can send pictures via email to you but why do I need to share as for my session being closed I was supposed to be emailed the answer to my question I have received no email and only got this because went back on the site to find out if anyone had answered.
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Hello Vanessa,
We can continue the conversation in this format.
If you can email photos [email protected] with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading, our customer service will send over the files to me for further evaluation.
I apologize for the session being closed, I promise you it now open and we can continue from here.
Thanks for your time,
Frank
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Photo's sent
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Vanessa,
The emails can take a few hours to pass through the system, but as soon as I receive the photos I will go ahead with your evaluation.
-Frank
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Hello Vanessa,
Thank you for sending over those photos.
Your antique pitcher/ jug produced by Brown Hills Pottery on October 23, 1878 is composed of a hand painted earthenware.
The bright colors and Asian inspired motifs were uncommon in this era and were only produced in smaller numbers by a few different pottery companies in the UK, which today makes them highly collectible.
Your bamboo pattern jug in the current down china market would still command a resale value of 120-140GBP in good to excellent condition.
If there are any cracks, chips, or crazing, this would detract from the resale value.
I hope this information had been helpful to you today,
Best of luck with the sale if your antique pitcher,
Thank you in advance for any feedback you can leave for my service today,
Frank
Experience: Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.