Kim D.
Kim D., Antiques Expert & Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25 Yr Decorative & Fine Art, Historic Object Expert, CAGA, AOA, Certified Appraiser
49865320

I have Hans andersons fairy tales with illustrations by W

I have Hans anderson's fairy tales
with illustrations by W heath robinson
Published 1980

By Hodder& stoughton

What might the possible value be now ?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Kim D. replied 3 years ago.

Hello, Lesley. My name isXXXXX and I am a certified appraiser with 25 years in both working in an historical archives and in the field.

This is a nice facsimile of the 1923 Hans Andersen's Fairy Tales published by London publisher Hodder & Stoughton in 1980. The illustrated edition by W. Heath Robinson with its gilt title & decor to front and spine and colour plates has been seen here and there on the markets and has fair value on rare book markets.

This edition is seen in libraries and repositories of children's books World wide from Amsterdam to Cork, Ireland to Berkley California..some 200 collections so it is not rare..but the date would tell us this as well.

In fact, surveying the widest of markets this particular book in clean, tight, excellent condition has a rare book market high end range of 70.00 (USD) right now with most selling in the range of 25.00-35.00 (USD). A bit low but an illustrated volume of good quality will go up with time.

I hope this helps more to give you a bit more information on the current markets and encourages you to hold on to it for a bit longer.

All my best, XXXXX XXXXX

PS If you have other items of interest please remember my name. Any post addressed to “Kim D” at the head of the question will be sent to my inbox so I can help my return patrons first!

I would be more than happy to work with you again!