Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I HAVE AN ENGRAVING / LITHOGRAPH AND WRITTEN AT THE BOTTOM

Customer Question

I HAVE AN ENGRAVING / LITHOGRAPH AND WRITTEN AT THE BOTTOM IS L SACKIN O/100 WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

the print is of a painting by thomas burford after james seymour

their are several other prints which also all seem to be held by the british museum.and all have L sackin written on the bottom margin

with the no of the print it looks like it was written in pencil.

was l sackin a famous print maker with maybe access to british museum or does it mean something else.

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have had no response to my question yet please continue to get me the answer i have paid for.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

still waiting for a response

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am still waiting for a response to my question

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

still no response only emails saying you are looking for someone to deal with my question?????????

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how long do i wait until someone replys to my question

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is a print / lithograph signed by thomas burford after j seymour

titled the going out in the morning / beating and trailing the hare/the chase / the death. it is on a very strong translucent paper. there is several other prints of different titles and when i researched them they were all held by the british museum bought by them over 100 years ago that is why the name signed in the margin if it is a name must be of some importance.

it says L SACKIN 0/100