LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

l have, mounted in a wall case lined with fine linen, a bowl

l have, mounted in a wall case lined with fine linen, a bowl with a dia.of12cm,a depth of 4cm.(both approx) high fluted edges 1/2 to 3/4 cm.deep.lt gives a wonderful ring when tapped! lt has been coated in a warm brown something?but showing through is a very bright gold colour.lt could be either Chinese or Japenese.There is a very full pattern of flowers with very small diamond criss cross pattern in betweenthese have been pressed into the bowl.
l have the feeling that whoever?,wanted to display it but also cover up its worth. any ideas?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  replied 3 years ago.

LadyTanya65 :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be happy to help you. I am one of the experts here at justanswer.com To start would it be possible to post a few photos of the bowl? It sounds by the coloring and design it is Japanese. However I can tell you much more after seeing the bowl. To post photos you may click on the paperclip within our chat and follow the instructions to post photos. I look forward to helping you. Tanya

Customer:

sorry unable to post picture,dont know how yet, only been on web for 2 months,will ask a son on sat.isthis ok.l have also got framed pictures,3 and a set of 4 may l give you details?

Customer:

unable to post picture as yet,only benn on web for 2 mths.dont know how,will get advice saturday,is this ok? l have framed pictures 3 single and a set of 4 may l send YOU details?

LadyTanya65 :

not a problem I will check back again Saturday. I look forward to helping you.

Customer:

sorry unable to post photo phone u.s.l removed a little of the top coat,bowl appears to be either Brass or Copper,hope this helps.l also have paintings and prints. 1 Trevor Waugh,signed print,6x14 inches,in frame,octagonal bird house with thatched roof foreground of poppies.originel still in artists pocession.2Gwyn Mann? print of water colour Bourton on the water #565 of 850;ln frame.3 small origional black and white original pencil/ink? by wilfrid huggins,framed titled glass blowers merino and signed in pencil,on reverse is written again in pencil the word greetings.4 ser of four water colours by arno, Paris scenes appear to be origional as colour can be removed with a damp Qtip.Notre dame aleside/ Place du Tertre /les Bouguinistes a Notre dame and Moulin Rouge Place Blanche. can you help with valuations and if they are worth anything where would be the best place to sell them if Auction where

Customer:

mounted bowl