Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have a willow pattern chamber pot that has Chinese symbols

I have a willow pattern chamber pot that has Chinese symbols on the base can you help with identification it is not the made in England type or flow type the symbols are contained within a BLUE SQUARE AND APPEAR HAND PAINTED

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 3 years ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,

Please use the option best for you !
.
in jpeg form is best , no larger then 1 mb.
.

When you upload the picture you will be able to see it in this message box before you send it to me.
.

This is very easy if you take it step by step!
1.
THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT THE PAPER CLIP OR TREE AT TOP OF MESSAGE AREA LOOKS LIKE THAT YOU NEED TO CLICK ON TO UPLOAD A PICTURE.

.
then click on browse, another box will open up,

.

then click on browse in that box,

.

this will take you to your computer, you will see Chose File Upload, from here click on where your pictures are located. Then click on your picture, then click open,

this will put the image name in the space, then click open.

.

then you are back to the first box, click on insert !

.

The picture will show up in the message area before you send it to me, you should be able to see it. If you do not see it, then the upload did not work you need to try it again, pictures have to be in jpg form on your computer in order for it to work.
.
IF YOU ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY UPLOADING IMAGES THE JUST ANSWER SITE HAS THIS TUTORIAL YOU CAN SEE IN ORDER TO VISUALLY SEE HOW TO DO IT. Instructions from the Just Answer Site:

Click the link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

.
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please find attached photos as requested

Hi John

There are no photos here.

.

Please use the option best for you !
.
.

.

1.

.

.

then click on browse in that box,

.

.

.

.

Click the link:

.
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi John

I cannot tell you what the mark reads, only that is reported to be a Mark used coming out of China in the mid 1800's. Can you upload a picture of your chamber pot?

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello John,
.

To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. you cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.

.

The Blue and White Chamber Pot circa: 1800's, has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of 175.00-225.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.

If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If there is anything else I can help you with on your question please feel free asking me with reply to expert button. Any problem or question can be resolved.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.

A rating following this answer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to rate me, this allows me to be compensated from justanswer.

Please make a note, if you rate this answer from a mobile device it will only go through if you are logged into the justanswer site first, otherwise it just appears to be processed, and the appraisers are not credited for their time.

Thank you so much!

Glenda

Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.