Wayne
Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have a book that I cant seem to find an exact match for online

I have a book that I cant seem to find an exact match for online it is "Travels into several remote Nations of the world" By Lemuel Gulliver first a surgeon and then a captain of several ships. With Copious Notes, and a life of the author. by W. C. Taylor, LL.D. of trinity College Dublin. New York The Mershon Company Publishers. Can anyone give me an idea of what it may be worth?

Vigne
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Vigne,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Wayne replied 3 years ago.

My name isXXXXX am a verified expert and will be working with you today. What date is on the book?

Thanks,

Wayne

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There don't appear to be any dates in the book that relate to the date printed but it does reference letters sent to and from a Richard Sympson from August 1726. There is a 52 page "biography notice" in the front if that helps and copies of various letters to and from Gulliver, a Mr Motte and others. The book has 360 pages in total, hard cover covered in material with what looks like two flowers on the front.

Please let me know if i can provide any other useful information. It does appear extremely old and the pages are quite brittle.

Vigne

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Vigne

Expert:  Wayne replied 3 years ago.
Hi,Can you post a couple of photos of this?1.Click the paperclip icon2.Click the Browse icon3.Click the Browse button4.Select your file and click Open5.Click OK6.Click Insert7.Click Save Changes on this page
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Wayne replied 3 years ago.
Your version of Gulliver's Travels was published In 1900, unfortunately, it doesn't have much value, as it is not a rare edition and it's poor condition. It is worth $15-20 on the second market. I'm sorry but I have to be honest with you.
Thanks,
Wayne
Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience: 40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985