Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Have mahogany table. Tried Restore and Finish on faded area

Customer Question

Have mahogany table. Tried 'Restore and Finish' on faded area but too dark . Do I use wire wool or find sandpaper to bring it back to ordinary wood
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 3 years ago.

My name is Alan and I have been asked to assist you!
I am a Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster, Accredited AOA Appraiser, and an IRS Qualified Appraiser. It will be my pleasure to put my expertise, libraries & resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

JustAnswer has just sent me your question regarding your wood table you are refinishing. Thank you very much! I believe I will be able to help, but first I have to get a little more information from you.
Why is the one area to dark do you know? Can I see a picture of what it looks like please in the area you are talking about. Did you sand and prep the whole table or just that area? What all have you applied in that area just Restore and finish? Are you talking about the product made by Howard is this it?

http://i.imgur.com/83ZzQlc.jpg

Thank you, Alan.