Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

the only knowledge I have is the doll has no hair and the left

Customer Question

the only knowledge I have is the doll has no hair and the left leg has a
hairline crack from the knee to the inner thigh, the elastic holding the limbs on is very stretched, the voice box is still inside but not working.
the eyes are blue and in good working order.
I do not have a photo and if I did I would have no idea how to put it on
the computer. so as yet I am not satisfied with your answer
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Kim D. replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name isXXXXX and I am a certified appraiser with 25 years in a museum and in the field. I am happy to help but we need more information.

What is the head material? Bisque? china? composition? other? what are the eyes? glass sleep eyes? painted? What are the limb material?

What are you looking for? A doll hospital to restore this? A value?

You are in the UK. Are you willing to send this somewhere for work?

Lets talk.
Kim D.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am really looking for an estimate of an approximate "possible" value to find out if it is worth repair

the eyes are glass they are not painted and have long lashes

head, limbs and body are china, the whole doll is of the same material throughout.

If you still can't give me any idea of present value, can you tell me what the doll cost when in good condition?

Expert:  Kim D. replied 3 years ago.

Iris - I am rereading your description. If this has a voice box it would sound like a 1920's doll in composition..which would have composition limbs and body too.

Composition often cracks in hairline cracks too - and the head is often "crazed" or cracked.

Could this actually be what you have?

Are there no marks on the back of the head or body to assist with the make or origin?..Just checking to make sure that we are talking about the same thing.

What is the head to toe height of the doll? I don't think that you told me this piece of information which would be key.

Does it have any of the original clothing?

Please be patient..we are working together on this without an image but I am happy to help!

Kim D.

Expert:  Kim D. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Iris - I hope that I haven't lost you. Did you get a chance to read my other post and look at the size of the doll head to toe?

I am still here to help.
Kim D
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Doll is approximately 15 inches long has no original clothing and a sweet smiling face and is NOT crazed on the face or anywhere else

the writing on the back of the head is as I stated before is

P.F.210