Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

French mantle dommed clock-with musical box

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 3 years ago.

My name is Alan and I have been asked to assist you!
I am a Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster, Accredited AOA Appraiser, and an IRS Qualified Appraiser. It will be my pleasure to put my expertise, libraries & resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

JustAnswer has just sent me your question regarding your French mantle clock and music box. Thank you very much! I believe I will be able to help, but first I have to get a little more information from you.
What are the measurements of this piece, height and width?

Are you able to send pictures?

It would help to see clear digital photos with good lighting. Please show everything as a whole along with close-ups of any marks, signatures, damage, repairs, etc. Use the Macro (flower) setting on your camera for these close shots as clarity is of the utmost importance. The better the images, the more accurate your answer will be.

JustAnswer does not permit me to give you my email address so to share pictures there are a few options. There are two ways to get them to me immediately:

1. The paperclip icon built in the chat reply box here will upload your photos directly on your JustAnswer question page for me to view. On a computer using firefox or internet explorer follow these steps.

2. An offsite photo sharing website such as Imgur.com or PostIMG.org, where you upload your pictures to their site then share the URL links with me here so I can view them. No account is needed.

If you do not think these methods will work for you, pictures can always be emailed through JustAnswer but there is up to a 24 hour wait before I receive them.

Any email will have to be sent as follows:
From: Your Email Address registered with JustAnswer
To: [email protected]
Subject: Pictures for Appraiser Alan
Body Text: The URL Link Address for this Question
Attachments: Up to 10mb in pictures

Please make sure you reply when you send pictures to let me know how they were sent. If you need additional time, or instructions, or if pictures will not be available for any reason, please let me know! I look forward to your reply. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello Alan, Thank you for your reply.I have asked a friend to help me get some photo`s to you of the clock.Hope to contact you soon Mazie

Thank you for letting me know Mazie.

Please take your time and let me know how you will be sending pictures when you are ready and I will send further instruction at that time.

Thank you again for your question! I look forward to seeing your pictures and getting everything taken care of for you.

-Alan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alan Please send your mobile phone number---my daughter will then send photo'sof the clock thankyou Mazie

I am sorry but that cannot be done, they unfortunately have to be sent by one of the 3 methods above. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry you cannot receive photo's by phone.I will have to leave the next move to you-if I can answer any more information please let me know

Hello Mazie, is there a makers name in the back on the clock movement? Is there a makers name on the porcelain also? It is porcelain correct? Thank you, Alan.