LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

hello I have a small vase with oriental pictures on of figures

Customer Question

hello I have a small vase with oriental pictures on of figures and garden about 7 ins tall 3 inch diameter with the name nippon on the base and chinese/japanese writing on the base as well, I have photos that i can send it has been in the family for over 30 years that I am aware of
Many Thanks
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 3 years ago.

LadyTanya65 :

My name is Tanya and I am one of the expert appraisers here at Just Answer.I would be happy to help you with this.

There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:

You can use the picture icon that looks like a tree or a paper clip in the center of the tool bar in the conversation box to upload pictures.

You can also upload pictures to a site called imgur.com that's really great for sharing pictures. It's free, and all you need to do is go to the site and:

1. click the "Computer" button
2. double click the image on your computer
3. click "start upload"

Then just copy/paste the new link in the browser window and you can immediately supply me with your pictures by posting the link to your question page.

You can also email pictures if the above ways do not work. Send to [email protected] with ATTN: ladytanya65 in the subject line. The emails can take up to 24 hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can post my evaluation.

LadyTanya65 :

Photos will help me in the evaluation. I look forward to evaluating and helping you with this vase.

JACUSTOMER-leq4puja- :

have e mailed pictures to the email address given

LadyTanya65 :

thank you it can take up to 24 hours so I will post my value and evaluation as soon as I receive them thank you tanya

LadyTanya65 :

Sendto [email protected] with ATTN: ladytanya65in the subject line --- I have not recieved the photos as of this morning.

JACUSTOMER-leq4puja- : As yet not received result can you e mail me. Direct to paul [email protected] .co .uk many thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Nora replied 3 years ago.
Hi There~

My name is Nora, and I am here to help with your question.

I would be happy to help you with your item.

To start, the word Nippon is Japanese for Japan; thus establishing country of origin.

Would it be possible for you to send me photos? A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.

When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.

When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.

If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

-OR-

A super easy method, which is free and no sign-in required is to go to:

http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page. The address I need will look like this example: http://imgur.com/mA2ju

I look forward to seeing the images.

Sincerely,
Nora
Hello I am here. I have not gotten the photos of the vases to give an evaluation. Please let me know if you have been able to post photos. Tanya