Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

i have a chain saw that looks like a bicycle chain that was

Customer Question

i have a chain saw that looks like a bicycle chain that was issued to my grandad in1915 he was in the signals in the army it has a case and handles and is very sharp is this worth anything
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

Does this have a name? Can you send a picture of this?

.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,

Please use the option best for you !
.
in jpeg form is best , no larger then 1 mb.
.

When you upload the picture you will be able to see it in this message box before you send it to me.
.

This is very easy if you take it step by step!
1.
THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT THE PAPER CLIP OR TREE AT TOP OF MESSAGE AREA LOOKS LIKE THAT YOU NEED TO CLICK ON TO UPLOAD A PICTURE.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

.
then click on browse, another box will open up,

.

then click on browse in that box,

.

this will take you to your computer, you will see Chose File Upload, from here click on where your pictures are located. Then click on your picture, then click open,

this will put the image name in the space, then click open.

.

then you are back to the first box, click on insert !

.

The picture will show up in the message area before you send it to me, you should be able to see it. If you do not see it, then the upload did not work you need to try it again, pictures have to be in jpg form on your computer in order for it to work.
.
IF YOU ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY UPLOADING IMAGES THE JUST ANSWER SITE HAS THIS TUTORIAL YOU CAN SEE IN ORDER TO VISUALLY SEE HOW TO DO IT. Instructions from the Just Answer Site:

Click the link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

.
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.

.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry for feeble description. It's really a branch lopper too.

enclosing a jpeg pic.

my wifes dad has just past away in march and it was his dads.

thanks alot ps it's in good condition but case is old.

There is no picture here, something must have happened. You cannot respond to an email if that is what you tried. You have to log into the site and come to this question to upload images.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so why cant i send to you glenda. thats how it's normally done! one just

clicks on attach send. done and dusted. I dont understand this rigmarol.

so is it poss to send me your own email address, if so "bingo" you have it.

if not I would apreciate a refund.

ps i'm not computer illiterate my computer is reasonable with win 7

Hello Lesley

I am not an employee of just answer so I cannot say why the system works the way it does I am an appraiser that comes to the site to answer questions that customers post there. We are users of the site like the customers is.

.

If you need to send it in email you can do so like this.

.

Send the picture to , [email protected], in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".

.

In the body of the message put , your user name and name.

.

Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are.

.

They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Glenda

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks glenda just replying quickly as we're going out

but will try again as you said tomorrow. sorry this is so

messy. I will use this email address.

the item is my wifes-her dad died so i'm better on computer

if betters the word lol bye for now bob and lesley