Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have a boardmans veterinary dictionary dated 1805. Could

Customer Question

I have a boardman's veterinary dictionary dated 1805. Could you advise the level of insurance I should take out?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

.

To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. you cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.

.

The Cost Replacement ( Insurance ) value on the Book would be £ 250.00-300.00 depending on the condition.

If you should happen to sell this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If there is anything else I can help you with on your question please feel free asking me with reply to expert button. Any problem or question can be resolved.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.

Clicking a rating following this answer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to rate me, this allows me to be compensated from JustAnswer, at no cost to you.

Thank you so much!

Glenda

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Glenda,

Could you give reasons for your valuation?

Hello Martin

The book has a resell value of around 120 on the secondary market ( resell ) insurance or cost replacement is based on if you were to purchase this at high end retail shops such as Brick and Mortar Antique Shops, they would sell the book at a much higher price, the insurance companies will pay replacement at the higher value. Since the book is more likely to be found in a Higher End Vintage Book store or a Higher End Antique shop, then at a boot sale or flea market.

.

Thank you so much!

Glenda