Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

The History of England (3 Vols.) by Thomas Keightley Published

The History of England (3 Vols.) by Thomas Keightley Published by Whittaker & Co., Ave Maria Lane, 1839
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 3 years ago.
Hi There~

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to help with your question.

Your 1839 3-volume set entitled “The History of England” by Thomas Keightley that was published by Whittaker & Co of London retails for a high average of $50 - $55 on today’s market. That is for the set of 3 volumes, and not per volume.

Feel free if you have further questions about your book set.

Please only leave feedback when you feel satisfied your question has been answered.

Our conversation will continue as long as you please, even after a rating is left.

Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 3 years ago.
Hi Francis,

I received the added note on the library plate, though I had to close that question for you since it is considered a duplicate.

In general, library plates do not add value unless it is someone famous, i.e. an Prime Minister or President of a country or known movie star.

Values of library plates can also be based on the artist who made the plate; i.e. Rockwell Kent plates are sought by collectors.

Procedamus in Pace translates to Let Us Proceed in Peace from a GregorXXXXX XXXXXt.

Frederick Montgomerie (Carleton) (1867 – 1922) was likely the owner of the book. The Mrs. was an author would wrote the Delineation of Scripture Characters.

Sincerely
Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 3 years ago.
Hi Francis~

Thank you again for a positive rating.

Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't really understand dollar conversion but never mind that. Do you think E=bay would be OK to sell them as I don't live near London?

Expert:  Nora replied 3 years ago.
Hi Francis,

The currency conversion would be 30GBP - 33GBP.

Ebay is an excellent venue for selling. I have successfully sold on there for 14 years now.

~Nora