Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Ansons voyage round the world: Richard walter

Customer Question

Hi, I have a book that looks very old and I was wondering what it is worth as I am not sure whether to keep it. Book description: very worn exterior with what looks like splattered paint. Hard cover with a brown material. ANSONS VOYAGES ROUND THE WORLD" cottage library. The first page states "A voyage round the world in the years 1740-44 By George Anson, ESQ. Compiled from his papers and materials by Richard Walter, M.A. London: Milner and Sowerby, Paternoster Row. The strange thing about the book is it has no introduction or editors page which is not in keeping with others of the same book I have come across. It also has 10 pages at the end of the book with lists of "Cheap books, published by milner&sowerby, paternoster row, London, and sold by all booksellers." This item has really caught my attention and I would like to know exactly what I am holding and it worth. Thank you for any help you can give me. Cassy

Category: Antiques