Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

Do you know about 1930s rings

Do you know about 1930's rings
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the request.

I handle costume and semi-precious jewelry. If it is fine jewelry with precious stones, I always recommend having it inspected by a jeweler in front of you.

Is your ring marked?

~Nora
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The ring band is marked

Expert:  Nora replied 3 years ago.
Hi Christina,

I had to close the other questions you opened with messages about the ring - they are considered duplicate questions.

Sounds like the new son-in-law made an excellent find online.

Given that the service here is online appraisals, I personally do not find it the proper venue for assessing fine jewelry. These are objects that really need to be inspected in person (in front of you) by an expert gemologist. The reason I state in front of you is that some people are unscrupulous - do not let a jeweler take the ring to a back room and out of your sight. I know of terrible stories where the stone gets switched out for a zirconia. Unfortunate.

I recommend contacting the GIA, Gemologist Institute of America and have them recommend someone for you. http://www.gia.edu/gem-lab

Sincerely
Nora