Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a painting of the Tuscany countryside, poppies in the

Customer Question

I have a painting of the Tuscany countryside, poppies in the foreground, farm house to the left and a hill to the right, its signed lower right corner in brown paint BERTI any info would be most helpful
John Scanlan
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 3 years ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
I would be happy to help you assess your artwork.
What is the size?
Would it be possible for you to send me photos?
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
-OR-
A super easy, fast method, which is free and no sign-in required is to go to:
http://www.imgur.com.
1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.
The address I need will look like this example: http://imgur.com/mA2ju
I look forward to seeing the images.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for not getting in touch with you sooner Nora, have been floating around a bit, here are some pics of the painting

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi John,
Thank you for the images.
Could you please send a photo of the back side of the painting (do not remove from frame) and a more clear, in-focus, well-lit image of the signature.
At your convenience - no rush.
Happy New Year's eve to you!
~Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi John~
Thank you for the additional images.
This is a fairly contemporary, late 20th century, painting done by an unlisted artist - meaning one that does not sell for fine art investment or collector purposes. These were sold through furniture and decorator stores, and in most cases the signature name is fictional.
On today’s market, these sell for under $100. The suggested replacement or insurance value is $300.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid by the company when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora