Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have an Aller Vale tiny pottery vase, standing aprox 2.5"

I have an Aller Vale tiny pottery vase, standing aprox 2.5" high. Swirly pattern of greens and browns and a tiny bit of blue. I have scoured all sites pertaining to Aller Vale pottery and can't find it anywhere!

Please help me!

Kindest regards

Lara
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

.

If you can send a picture I will see if I can locate this in my books.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.
Click the link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.

.
.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't seem to be able to download my image. Can u give me your direct email address and I'll copy over to that? I'm working from iPad only.

Lara

Hi Lara

Here is it is :

Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".

.

In the body of the message put , your user name and name.

.

Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are.

.

They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Glenda

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you get my photos? Many thanks. Lara

Lara

No, I have not gotten any forwarded to me from the site. You may want to resend them something must have happened.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Glenda, have just sent 3 images as directed. Hope you get them! Thank you. Lara

Hi Lara

Me too, I will let you know as soon as they forward them.

Glenda

Hi Lara,

.

I received the images, thank you.

To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. you cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.

The Aller Vale Earthenware 2.5" Vase, circa: 1890, has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of 45.00-50.00 GBP, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.

If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist UK, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If there is anything else I can help you with on your question please feel free asking me with reply to expert button. Any problem or question can be resolved.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.

Clicking a rating following this answer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to rate me, this allows me to be compensated from JustAnswer, at no cost to you.

Thank you so much!

Glenda

Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.