Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

Harold Wyllie

two signed and dedicated prints by Harold Wyllie , one of the Mary Rose and the other of HMS Implacable, have HMS Implacable was dedicated to Sir Owen Seaman Bart and is dated july 31st 1933 and Mary Rose was dedicated to Rev John Augustine Kempthorne and is dated 1st June 1930. Both were published Arthur Ackerman and Sons Ltd. on the HMS Implacable their is a stamp visible some of which reads

FA

TG B D A

Both prints are framed in William Rivett Gainsborough Gallery  of Liverpool Street frames

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 3 years ago.
Hi There~

My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.

Original signed prints by the artist Harold Wyllie (1880-1975) sell at auction for $150 - $300 (110GBP – 221GBP) on today’s market. The personal dedications and subject matter of your prints will increase the value making the estimate for each at $400 - $600 (295GBP – 442GBP).

Feel free if you have further questions about your Wyllie prints.

Please only leave feedback when you feel satisfied your question has been answered.

Our conversation will continue as long as you please, even after a rating is left.

Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will who they are dedicated to make a difference?

I believe that sir Owen Seaman bart was one of the first editors of Punch magazine

Expert:  Nora replied 3 years ago.
Hi Amanda,

Pleasure to read back from you.

Yes, in the valuation I provided the higher estimate accounts for the 'who' and not just the fact that they are dedicated. If they were dedicated to a person who is still very well known in pop-culture today, i.e. a famous star, historical figure, king or queen, then the valuation would be even higher. In some circles the Punch magazine provenance would be a collector highlight point, however, it is not still a commonly known popular editor today.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you here on your prints.

Sincerely
Nora
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you know where the best place to sell these items would be

please

Expert:  Nora replied 3 years ago.
Hi Amanda,

There are several ways to sell your item. You can go through a local antique shop or local auction houses. Pawn shops are good for an outright cash sale.

A shop takes in inventory to sell for a profit, so they will offer you a percentage of the price at which they may be able to sell to a willing buyer someday.

An auction house will take a percentage of whatever the end sale price may be.

Another option would be to list your items on Craigslist yourself at a fair price. Craigs is free and they do not take a fee, so that is where you will make the most out of the end price. I do suggest, that if a buyer contacts you through Craigs, that you meet them at an agreed upon location - I do not recommend letting a stranger meet you at your home.

Online auction options would be Ebay, Etsy & Amazon.

An additional method would be to donate it to a local charity shop where you will receive a tax deduction receipt in return. You can then claim the deduction when your 2014 taxes are filed.

Feel free if you have further questions about your prints.

Sincerely,
Nora