LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

micheal Alan kidd

Customer Question

Hello, I have an original piece by micheal Alan kidd , it's an acrylic on board called the draught game. He is a friend of mine it was a gift for helping him out one evening I would love to know what it's worth and if it is worth something where would be the best place to sell it. Kind regards ***** *****

Ps it is a one off not the same as the on on his website gallery...

Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 3 years ago.

LadyTanya65 :

Hello my name is Tanya and I am one of the expert appraisers here at just answer. I would be happy to help you. I have found this on his biography . Michael Kidd was born in London in 1937. He studied at the Royal College of Art in the late 1950s. He worked as an art director in some of London's leading advertising agencies and spent some years in America. On his return he began directing T.V and cinema commercials in Europe, America and the UK, working, among others, for British Airways, Coca Cola, Lloyds and Barclays Bank, and Ford Motor Company, and won many awards. He returned to painting in 1981 and held his first one man exhibition at the Rona Gallery in Mayfair in 1997, since when he has devoted all his time to painting. All of Michael's work shows a strong imaginative streak, quirky at times, surreal at others. He tends to work on themes - gardens, chateaux, coastal, cities, whatever subject holds his interest. All paintings are acrylic on board. And his paintings have sold between 1800 and 2500.00 each. If you have a photo of the painting and the size I can give a more exact value. Some have sold for as high as 3200.00 It depends on the subject and size. The majority are sold for 1800 to 2500.00 To sell on the market in todays economy the best sites for quality have been etsy.com or tias.com these two sites are high end art and antiques. There is also the option of consigning the piece with a fine art gallery in your area. They would charge a percentage to sell the painting and give you the remainder. Thank you I will watch for your reply on size and if you are able to post a photo. Thank again Tanya

JACUSTOMER-hzsuz8pr- :

Hello Tanya,

JACUSTOMER-hzsuz8pr- :

Hello Tanya,

JACUSTOMER-hzsuz8pr- :

Hello Tanya,

JACUSTOMER-hzsuz8pr- :

I think that you have the wrong Michael Kidd, the painting is by Michael Alan Kidd.. I basically used google and found out the exact same story.

JACUSTOMER-hzsuz8pr- :

I cant seem to upload a picture of the painting on the attachment tool??

JACUSTOMER-hzsuz8pr- :

Acrilyic on board
Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-hzsuz8pr- :

Full Size Image
Sorry Tanya I'm still having trouble for some reason uploading other images..

JACUSTOMER-hzsuz8pr- :

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-hzsuz8pr- :

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-hzsuz8pr- :

I hope these help.. I would love to know the value of this painting by Michael Alan Kidd, I know he studied at Slade.

JACUSTOMER-hzsuz8pr- :

http://www.riversideartistsgroup.com/Michael_Alan-Kidd.html maybe this will help with the valuation as I think a print goes for around 500 pounds but as this is an original.. that's the question I would like to know' its proving difficult to find out

LadyTanya65 :

http://issuu.com/powershift/docs/dictionary_k/48 Top left hand corner has a brief biography.This is a link that talks about Micheal Alan-Kidd, You are correct these are different Kidd. He studied at the Slade School of Fine Arts 1976-1982. I have reviewed all of my research books and gone through several auction research sites. I contacted several art galleries in New York and Los Angeles to research this artist and find out more about him. The value of this original is $2,800-3,200.00. In pounds that would be $1651 to 1887.00 pounds. His prints sell for 500 pounds to 880.00 pounds. He was born in London in 1955. This has been an experience as there is not much written on Alan-Kidd. His works have been viewed in exhibits and Museums. His works have slowly been increasing as word of his paintings circulate. To sell this I would say to contact Museums and Fine Art Galleries and consign the piece or sell outright to them. In the United States there is not a demand for his works as he is still relatively new to the art world compared to other artists. If I can be of further help please let me know. Tanya