Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

Hello, I have a rather battered edition of "Handy Andy"

Customer Question

I have a rather battered edition of "Handy Andy" by Samuel Lover published by William Nicholson and Sons with the Address dated 1st December 1842. Before disposing of this, I thought I would enquire to see if it is of any value.

Yours truly,

***** *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 3 years ago.

Frank :

Hello and Welcome,
My name is Frank, I am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question. Your 1842 edition of "Handy Andy" written by Samuel Lover and published by William Nicholson and Sons would have a resale value of 18-25GBP in poor to fair condition. When dealing with antiquarian or collectible books, condition plays a major role in the resale value, as collectors are looking for top quality issues with the least amount of damage. Soiling, staining, binding damage, cover damage, or torn pages would result in a drop in value.

Frank :

I hope this information was helpful to you today,
Best of luck with your antiquarian book ,
Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated,
Thank You,
Frank
Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.