Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Certified & Licensed
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

I have 3 paintings by WE VAN GROOT ( in the style of Constable,

I have 3 paintings by WE VAN GROOT ( in the style of Constable, country scenes)

Also a picture by T/ QUILAR depicting boats on the water

Can you advise on the best way to sell these, originally purchased approx. 40 years ago from a Sussex art dealer.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 3 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been asked to assist you!

I am a Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster, Accredited AOA Appraiser, and an IRS Qualified Appraiser. It will be my pleasure to put my expertise, libraries & resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

I appreciate your patience while I conducted my research and prepared this answer for you. I saw that you needed a value and assumed it was Market Value; the most up-to-date price range to expect if sold today. Estimated using the prices that buyers have recently paid and sellers have accepted in the open and competitive market.

Searching hundreds of auction houses records provided an excellent amount of recent sales results with the majority indicating your W.E. Van Groot coubtry lanscape oil paintings has a current market value of 90 - $180 GBP at auction. The price you are able to sell for may vary depending on venue, condition, market variances, and more. Although this is the average amount at an auction house, there have been higher sales in the past indicating most markets are down at the moment and a sale at that amout is not likely on your own.

I would recommend this auction house they have sold his works in the past here is the information for you contact their UK office location it is the second listing down on the page ;

Market Value represents what someone was willing to pay for an asset, not the amount it was offered for.

Hopefully they will be able to help you with more information and possible sale. They should also be able to help you with shipping arrangements if necessary. Please see their websites for contact info. You will need to send them pictures as well as descriptions. Make sure you always ask for an auction estimate. This way you will get the best idea of what you can sell for and really be able to weigh your options.
Please let me know if this is the information you were looking for and reply with any questions now or any time in the future. If you are satisfied, please let me know by rating my answer for my compensation and to close out the question. Thank you kindly.

I try to always provide Excellent Service, so if you have any other items, just say Hello Alan at the beginning of your new question. Thank you again!

Sincerely,

Appraiser Alan

Online Appraisal Answer Disclaimer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the information re Van Groot. My question did also refer to a painting by T/Quilar. Can you inform me on this one

Thank you for the follow up Richard,

Recent completed sales gave your T/Quilar painting a current market value of 70 - 130 GBP.
As always, the price you are able to sell for may vary depending on venue, condition, market variances, and more.

I would recommend a starting asking price of 150 GBP so that you can reduce if necessary since Market Value represents what someone was willing to pay for an asset, not the amount it was offered for. Please let me know if you would like Insurance value as well.

Sincerely,

Appraiser Alan

Online Appraisal Answer Disclaimer