Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Certified & Licensed
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

I have what appears to be an older print of station 4 aces

I have what appears to be an older print of station 4 aces dogs playing poker. On the bottom middle of the picture is B&B ST. PAUL and in the bottom right corner are the initials CMC letters look like they are on top of each other. Would this print be worth anything? I would guess it to be at least 50 years old. It was my dads and I have had it since he passed in 1999 It would be nice if I knew w here to go with it to see if I could sell it.
Thank you for your time
Karen Montgomery
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 3 years ago.
Hello Karen,

My name is ***** ***** I have been asked to assist you!
I am a Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster, Accredited AOA Appraiser, and an IRS Qualified Appraiser. It will be my pleasure to put my expertise, libraries & resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

JustAnswer has just sent me your question regarding your dogs playing poker print. Thank you very much! I believe I will be able to help, but first I have to get a little more information from you.

What are the measurements of this piece, height and width of the work itself not counting any framing?

Is your art work framed? Is there glass over the front or is the piece exposed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The picture appears to measure 13x9, but has a 21/2 inch border around it. It is framed with glass in the front and the frame is papered in the back, I would not be able to remove the picture from the frame without ripping the back

Thank you Karen, that is okay, there is no need to remove it. I will continue work on research into this for you immediately and will be back with your answer as soon as I have completed it. This process may take a little time so if you choose to leave this window, you will be emailed any time I respond. You will always be able to follow the emails link back to this page at any time. Thank you again for your question. I hope to have everything taken care of for you soon!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, thank you

You are very welcome Karen!
Thank you for your patience while I conducted my research and prepared your answer Karen.

Searching auction house records and library databases provided recent sales results of qualified market comparable items. Using these I was able to determine the average market value minimum and maximum for you.

These recent completed sales gave your dogs playing poker print a current market value of $70 - $110.
As always, the price you are able to sell for may vary depending on venue, condition, market variances, and more.

I would recommend a starting asking price of $145 so that you can reduce if necessary since Market Value represents what someone was willing to pay for an asset, not the amount it was offered for. Please let me know if you would like Insurance value as well.

Please let me know if this is the information you were looking for and reply with any questions now or any time in the future. If you are satisfied, please let me know by rating my answer for my compensation and to close out the question. Thank you kindly.

I try to always provide Excellent Service, so if you have any other items, just say Hello Alan at the beginning of your new question. Thank you again!

Sincerely,

Appraiser Alan

Online Appraisal Answer Disclaimer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would be happy to pay again, but since I have started with you I would like to ask about another drawing. I have. It is of 3 dogs chasing a little white dog with something in its mouth and a dog standing in the back looking at the 4 dogs . It is black and white and it is signed on the left on the picture in printing William Strutt and signed under that by william strutt. on the left lower corner is What appears to be John W Jowsey. on the very top written in very small writing is London Published 1895 by B Brooks 121 haver stovk hill & Stiefold & Co. Berlin entered according to act of congress in the year 1895 in the office of the librarian of congress at washington. I had to read this with a loop and did not see that writing until just now. The Picture is about 17 by 20 and is in decent shape, but has age spots since it was not in a good frame. I am very curious about this. The signatures are all in pencil. I hope you can help. and thank you very much for the information on my dogs playing poker. Its nice to know.

Karen Montgomery,

Thank you for the reply Karen.

Because of the time and research involved in valuing each item, JustAnswer limits us to only do one item per question. If you would like, since I have already addressed your first item here, we can move on to your other print in an additional question.

Please ask for me by name "Alan" in your new question(s) either now or when we are done here and I will get to them as soon as possible! Look into the JustAnswer Subscription Plan for free answers!

I am ready to get started on your new question so please let me know if you have any further questions about my first answer. I look forward to your rating to close out here or reply. Thank you Karen!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alan, do I need to do a subscription, or can I ask for you and just pay the same as I did before. I only have these two items, so I wouldn't need a subscription.

You may do exactly that, either option is available to you. I do however recommend that you confirm you are not on one with customer service after you are done with these items. Thank you again Karen, I look forward to assisting you again in your new question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thank you, ***** ***** sent the request I hope I did it right

You sure did! I'll pick it up now. Please don't forget to rate here :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just did, thanks!