Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Certified & Licensed
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

I have a question for Alan on a picture I have

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the request Karen ! Are you able to send pictures?

It would help to see clear digital photos with good lighting. Please show everything as a whole along with close-ups of any marks, signatures, damage, repairs, etc. Use the Macro (flower) setting on your camera for these close shots as clarity is of the utmost importance. The better the images, the more accurate your answer will be.

JustAnswer does not permit me to give you my email address so to share pictures there are a few options. There are two ways to get them to me immediately:

1. The paperclip icon built in the chat reply box here will upload your photos directly on your JustAnswer question page for me to view. On a computer using firefox or internet explorer follow these steps.

2. An offsite photo sharing website such as Imgur.com or PostIMG.org, where you upload your pictures to their site then share the URL links with me here so I can view them. No account is needed.

If you do not think these methods will work for you, pictures can always be emailed through JustAnswer but there is up to a 24 hour wait before I receive them. If you need these instructions, let me know.

Please make sure you reply after any picture sending attempt for conformation. If you need additional time, or instructions, or if pictures will not be available for any reason, please let me know! I look forward to your reply. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, let me try. I will let you know when I send them

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have downloaded onto imgur.com. the pictures are still downloading. I couldn't find macro flower setting on my camera. I took close ups of the signatures and I tried to get the writing on top and I tried to get good close ups on the spots that are on the picture. How do I get the url link to you whe the pictures have downloaded?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, they have downloaded, what do I need to give you so you can view

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think you can get to it by going to imgur, I am signed in as

karenmcowgirl my account shows it is private, should I make it public. Also I don't know how good the quality of the pictures are, if I need to take more let me know. It is fairly easy downloading to imgur, but that still doesn't make me any better at taking pictures! :)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, Im sorry, I won't bug you anymore, but it looks like anyone can view my pictures by going to http://karenmcowgirl.imgur.com,

Hi Karen, What are the measurements of this piece, height and width of the work itself not counting any framing? Thank you, Alan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

17x21

Thank you for your patience while I conducted my research and prepared your answer Karen.

From experience and research I can tell you this is an artist signed lithograph by English artist William Strutt (July 3, 1825 – January 3, 1915). It was also signed by the printer John W Jowsey in the lower right corner. This print was likely done in the 1880' / 1890's and is in good condition for its age.

Here is a portrait of the artist: graphic

Searching auction house records and library databases provided recent sales results of qualified market comparable items. Using these I was able to determine the average market value minimum and maximum for you.

These recent completed sales gave your William Strutt hand signed lithograph a current market value of $100 - $180.
As always, the price you are able to sell for may vary depending on venue, condition, market variances, and more.

I would recommend a starting asking price of $200 so that you can reduce if necessary since Market Value represents what someone was willing to pay for an asset, not the amount it was offered for. Please let me know if you would like Insurance value as well.

Please let me know if this is the information you were looking for and reply with any questions now or any time in the future. If you are satisfied, please let me know by rating my answer for my compensation and to close out the question. Thank you kindly.

I try to always provide Excellent Service, so if you have any other items, just say Hello Alan at the beginning of your new question. Thank you again!

Sincerely,

Appraiser Alan

Online Appraisal Answer Disclaimer
Experience: Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you very much for your answer and the time you took to get it. Have a nice evening