Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Certified & Licensed
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

do you have a signature of giovanni bonati 1635-1681,Ital

Customer Question

Dear Sir/MadameI

have asked you abt the signature of Italian artist Giovanni Bonati 1635-1681.

When do you thiunk I can expect the answer.

Please confirm that you have received the paymnet.

I have a picture of the  painting which is at the moment on the internet auction and has a signature G.Bonati in the lower right corner.Experts of the auction have nevertheless  ignored this signature and regard the painting to  belong to an unknown artist

Michael  Vares

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 3 years ago.

My name is Alan and I have been asked to assist you!

I am a Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster, Accredited AOA Appraiser, and an IRS Qualified Appraiser. It will be my pleasure to put my expertise, libraries & resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

I appreciate your patience while I conducted my research and prepared this answer for you. I saw that you needed a value and assumed it was Market Value; the most up-to-date price range to expect if sold today. This is estimated using the prices that buyers have recently paid and sellers have accepted in the open and competitive market.

Searching auction house records and library databases provided recent sales results of qualified market comparable items. Using these I was able to determine the average market value minimum and maximum for you.

These recent completed sales gave your Giovanni Bonatti oil painting a current market value of $5.17 - $10.58 per square inch. I can provide exact numbers with measurements.
As always, the price you are able to sell for may vary depending on venue, condition, market variances, and more.

I would recommend a starting asking price of $12 per square inch if selling so that you can reduce if necessary since Market Value represents what someone was willing to pay for an asset, not the amount it was offered for. Please let me know if you would like Insurance value as well.

Please let me know if this is the information you were looking for and reply with any questions now or any time in the future. If you are satisfied, please let me know by rating my answer for my compensation and to close out the question. Thank you kindly.

I try to always provide Excellent Service, so if you have any other items, just say Hello Alan at the beginning of your new question. Thank you again!

Sincerely,

Appraiser Alan

Online Appraisal Answer Disclaimer