Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Certified & Licensed
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

how much is Over the Brier painting by George Deville Rowl

how much is Over the Brier painting by George Deville Rowlandson
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 3 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been asked to assist you!
I am a Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster, Accredited AOA Appraiser, and an IRS Qualified Appraiser. It will be my pleasure to put my expertise, libraries & resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

JustAnswer has just sent me your question regarding your George Deville Rowlandson painting. Thank you very much! What are the measurements of this piece, height and width of the work itself not counting any framing?

Is your art work framed? Is there glass over the front or is the piece exposed?

I see that you would like a value. Which value type below best fits your needs so I know what type of research to do?

Market Value (Selling, Trading, Buying): Most up-to-date price range to expect if sold today. Estimated using the prices that buyers have recently paid and sellers have accepted in the open and competitive market.

Insurable Value (Keeping, Replacing, Shipping): The amount an equal replacement would cost today excluding any taxes or shipping fees. Can be printed and sent to your Insurance company.

I look forward to your reply and will be back as soon as possible. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the picture is 15.5in wide x 11.3in high

It is framed and has a glass cover

we require market value, to sell

thank you

wendy

Thank you Wendy! I will continue work on research into this for you immediately and will be back with your answer as soon as I have completed it. This process may take a little time so if you choose to leave this window, you will be emailed any time I respond. You will always be able to follow the emails link back to this page at any time. Thank you again for your question. I hope to have everything taken care of for you soon!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok Thanks

Thank you for your patience while I conducted my research and prepared your answer Wendy.

Searching auction house records and library databases provided recent sales results of qualified market comparable items. Using these I was able to determine the average market value minimum and maximum for you.

These recent completed sales gave your George Derville Rowlandson (1861 - 1928) watercolor painting a current market value of $3,000 - $5,000.
As always, the price you are able to sell for may vary depending on venue, condition, market variances, and more.

I would recommend a starting asking price of $6,000 so that you can reduce if necessary since Market Value represents what someone was willing to pay for an asset, not the amount it was offered for. Please let me know if you would like Insurance value as well.

Please let me know if this is the information you were looking for and reply with any questions now or any time in the future. If you are satisfied, please let me know by rating my answer for my compensation and to close out the question. Thank you kindly.

I try to always provide Excellent Service, so if you have any other items, just say Hello Alan at the beginning of your new question. Thank you again!

Sincerely,

Appraiser Alan

Online Appraisal Answer Disclaimer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you alan that is very helpful

regards

wendy

You are very welcome Wendy. Thank you for the Positive Rating! It is much appreciated. I am glad I could help with your painting!

If you have anything else that you would also like my assistance with, please make sure to request me by name "Alan" in your next question and I will be glad to help!