Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Certified & Licensed
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

I have painting signed by M Peyton is this a well know art

Customer Question

I have painting signed by M Peyton is this a well know artist

Theresa
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 2 years ago.

My name is Alan and I have been asked to assist you!
I am a Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster, Accredited AOA Appraiser, and an IRS Qualified Appraiser. It will be my pleasure to put my expertise, libraries & resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

JustAnswer has just sent me your question regarding your M Peyton painting. Thank you very much! I believe I will be able to help, but first I have to get a little more information from you.

What are the measurements of this piece, height and width of the work itself not counting any framing?

Is your art work framed? Is there glass over the front or is the piece exposed?

What questions may I help you with today? Which value type below best fits your needs?

Market Value (Selling, Trading, Buying): Most up-to-date price range to expect if sold today. Estimated using the prices that buyers have recently paid and sellers have accepted in the open and competitive market.

Insurable Value (Keeping, Replacing, Shipping): The amount an equal replacement would cost today excluding any taxes or shipping fees. Can be printed and sent to your Insurance company.

I look forward to your reply and will be back as soon as possible. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is approc 1.5 feet x1.5 feet there is no glass at present it is framed.

Thank you for your patience while I conducted my research and prepared your answer Theresa.

Searching records that contain over 500,000 artists, I was able to find that your piece is by an unlisted artist. An unlisted artist is usually an older unknown local artist or an aspiring artist. Given the age of the piece, I have to assume the artist falls under the first category.

Searching auction house records and library databases provided recent sales results of qualified market comparable items. Using these I was able to determine the average market value minimum and maximum for you.

These recent completed sales gave your painting a current market value of $75 - $150.
As always, the price you are able to sell for may vary depending on venue, condition, market variances, and more.

I would recommend a starting asking price of $225 so that you can reduce if necessary since Market Value represents what someone was willing to pay for an asset, not the amount it was offered for. Please let me know if you would like Insurance value as well.

Please let me know if this is the information you were looking for and reply with any questions now or any time in the future. If you are satisfied, please let me know by rating my answer for my compensation and to close out the question. Thank you kindly Theresa.

I try to always provide Excellent Service, so if you have any other items, just say Hello Alan at the beginning of your new question. Thank you again!

Sincerely,

Appraiser Alan

Online Appraisal Answer Disclaimer
Hello Theresa,

Please let me know if you have any more questions or if you need more time to review. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know. I look forward to your reply or rating. Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Alan