Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

Is there an artist named David A James I have found a painting

Is there an artist named David A James I have found a painting of a landscape dated 78
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 3 years ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

Yes there is. ***** ***** was born in London in 1944 and moved to Outer London in the fifties. Educated at Hampton School, ***** ***** showed an early aptitude for art and won school and national prizes and competitions. James attended Twickenham College of Art from 1962 to 1966 gaining an Intermediate Diploma in Arts and Crafts.

Original paintings by ***** ***** attracted the attention of a leading Fine Art publisher; a reproduction published in 1969 sold well, entitled "Slow Water" - this was published by Rosenstiels. Nowadays, much of the work by ***** ***** is sold abroad; there are examples of James paintings in all European countries and North America, South America, China, Russia, Japan, India, New Zealand, Australia, the Middle East and Greenland.

.

***** ***** currently lives in Sussex on the coast, within reach of the South Downs. He is married to an artist and has three children. Much of the inspiration for the work executed by James is drawn from the Lake District, Devon and Cornwall, and the Welsh Countryside. David has exhibited his works at the Royal Academy and in leading provincial galleries.

.

His work sells for an average painting size of 16 x 16 Price £195 -250 ,

30" x 16 or 24- 450 -595.

.

If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist Uk, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively following this response. If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.

Thank you so much!

Glenda