Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

i have 2 unopened bottles of guiness i know they were not

i have 2 unopened bottles of xxx guiness i know they were not on sale for long are they worth anything ??
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

.

I am not sure what you have since the question says, xxx guiness. Is this how

it looks or is the site X ing out numbers you put there?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its 2 bottles of 3x guiness unopened it was not brewed for long sorry i wasnt too explicit.

Hello Patricia

Is this how it is labeled on the bottle?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes guinnes xxx is on the bottle

Good Morning,

.

In 2005, the company sold Brew 39 in bars in Dublin and before that it introduced Guinness XXX Extra Strong, Guinness Gold. If the beer sold well during its trial, it would have been introduced to other markets in Ireland, Europe and the U.S.

.

To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. you cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.

The Unopened Guinness XXX, has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of £19.83 -22.40, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at.

.

If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist UK, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question

Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively following this response.

Thank you so much!

Glenda

Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.