Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

VOLUMES 1 TO 8 OF CASSLES BOOKS OF KNOWLEDGE AN ENCYCLOEADIA

VOLUMES 1 TO 8 OF CASSLES BOOKS OF KNOWLEDGE AN ENCYCLOEADIA FOR CHILDREN IN GOOD CONDITION
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 3 years ago.

Frank :
Hello and Welcome,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question. Can you tell me who the publisher of your book set might be?
Frank :

Thanks for your time today,

Frank :

Frank

Customer:

the waverley book company ltd*****london

Frank :

Thank you for getting back to me. Did you by chance see a publication date on any of the books?

Customer:

no but best estimate 1920s

Frank :

Thanks again, Your 8 volume edition of Cassles Books of Knowledge would have been published by Waverly Book Company circa 1924. In Good overall condition you would be looking at a retail value of between 70-80GBP.

Frank :

If there are any damages to the books including any stains, tears or binding damage this would detract from the resale value

Frank :

The books of knowledge were very popular amongst home schoolers in the late 19th and into the 20th century when they fell out of favor circa 1960's. They are still popular amongst collectors, but the prices are a bit down in a tough book market.

Frank :

I hope this information was helpful to you today. Thank you in advance for any feedback you can leave for my service today. Best of luck with your collectible Encyclopedia set.

Frank :

Frank

Customer:

thank you

Frank :

If you have any further questions please let me know as I would be happy to assist in any way that I can

Frank :

You are vert welcome